Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring has sprung and yard sale season has begun!


My mother and I always said yard sale season officially kicked off on the first weekend of April. I mean if football, deer, and Christmas can have a season why can’t yard sales? Although we would and I still go to sales year round. It seems so busy when the weather gets pretty. Come the middle of summer there are close to 100 sales every weekend in my area.

As long as I can remember my mother would drag me to flea markets, yard sales, etc. My first husband’s grandmother loved to go to sales as much as my mother. They use to drive around to all of the sale on Friday’s and Saturday’s., I would tag along on Saturday’s. We were wild in a good way and we always had the best time. Sometimes we would laugh till we cried. We drove to some very interesting areas, places we never dreamed existed. We really would have been dangerous if we would had a GPS. Instead we drove around with laminated maps of all of the local towns and still managed to get lost sometimes.

But my favorite part of our yard sale adventures was “the deal of the day!” After we were done, if it was 2, 3, or 4 people in the car we would all get out and dig through our items and each pull our favorite find for that day. We would decide out of these items which was the best deal but for each person we would tell why the item we chose was our deal of the day. So in honor of my mother and all of my wonderful memories I want to carry on this tradition. I’m asking you my readers to send me photos with descriptions of your “find of the week”. Every Monday I will post a blog of the previous weekends finds. You don’t have to post what you paid if you don’t want to but I do want to know why it was your pick for the weekend. You can either e-mail your finds to reggiesattic@live.com  or post a comment of your find on each weeks comment section.

So get out there and hit those yard sales, flea markets, swap meets, garage sales, moving sales, consignment stores, antique shops, antique shows, auctions etc. And start sharing great memories with someone. JB and I have picked up where my mom and I left off. I hope to see you out there. Bargains await!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I need a junkin' buddy...maybe I can meet up with you and JB sometime. I would love to see what "deals" we find. Thanks for a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great! We need to definately plan that some this summer. I know you will be busy but it would be a great stress reliever and way to take your mind off of all the planning!

    ReplyDelete